A & A spacer courtauld institute of art
login
quick search advanced search browse temp folder
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 

Post new topic    Reply to topic    gothicivories.courtauld.ac.uk Forum Index -> Exhibitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riluowanying123 riluowanying123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: nal snap at North Carolina in consecutive week Reply with quote

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Alex Rodriguez took his first small steps back to the Bronx and understands hes got a long, long way to go to contribute to the New York Yankees. Rodriguez played his first game since a miserable October and went hitless in two at-bats for the Charleston Riverdogs on Tuesday night. He grounded into a double play his first time up then struck out looking against 23-year-old Williams Perez to end the third before being removed from the game. It was Rodriguezs first game since undergoing left hip surgery in January. "For me, its just a great blessing to be back out there," he said. "Its been a long fight, a hard climb and I was just pretty excited to get a couple of at-bats and get in the mix." Make no mistake, though, Rodriguez is far from the form that won him three AL MVP awards and led the Yankees to their last World Series title in 2009. He couldnt make the play when Rome centre fielder Kyle Wren bunted on the games first pitch and appeared out of synch on his strikeout. "Timing is the least of my concerns, its really about the overall body," he said. "Getting the body in shape, getting your legs under you." And thats still a work in progress. Rodriguez, who will turn 38 on July 27, said earlier hed likely need all 20 days of rehab games allowed to prepare for a big league return. This, though, was a major step in that journey. "Im just happy to be back playing," he said. "I feel like a kid again." Rodriguez was tested quickly when Wren, the son of Atlanta Braves general manager Frank Wren, laid down a sweet bunt and beat the throw. Wren talked with his brother, Colby, on Monday night when he learned hed go against Rodriguez. "Maybe its something 10 or 15 years down the road I can tell my kids about that I played on the same field for three innings with one of the greatest players of all time and the first inning I bunted and got a hit off him," Wren said. "Thats what I was thinking." Rodriguez was focused on the bigger picture. He said a benchmark would come tomorrow morning when he sees how his body feels after this game. Rodriguez still planned to play Wednesday night before working out on Thursday. "Look, I am as curious as you guys are to see how I am going to react. Its been a while since I was in competition," he said before the game. Rome shortstop Jose Peraza also bunted down the third base line in the second inning, but Rodriguez was too far back to make a play. The RiverDogs finished a 4-2 victory over Rome about 90 minutes after Rodriguez left the game. A-Rod has been working out at the Yankees minor league complex in Tampa, Fla., since May. He looked healthy and enthusiastic to begin his season. His swing in the batting cage was the same simple flick thats helped him to 647 career home runs. He took grounders at third next to Yankees teammate Eduardo Nunez, whos recovering from a left oblique strain. Nunez played shortstop and went 2 for 3. Nunez was winded as he sat in front of his locker. He played four innings before coming out. "The oblique is OK. The timing is coming. Itll be a couple more games," he said. Rodriguez and Nunez enjoyed lunch Tuesday before arriving at the ballpark. "Its my first time" in South Carolina, Rodriguez said. "Great Southern hospitality so far." Players from the RiverDogs and the Rome Braves lined the dugouts to watch Rodriguez work. Its the third straight season Rodriguez has spent time in the minors coming back from injuries, and he would not comment about Major League Baseballs investigation into the now-closed Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic. Rodriguez looked smooth in the field during warm-ups, grabbing everything hit his way. His throws to first were strong and on target. When he was done with grounders, Rodriguez signed autographs for fans gathered next to the RiverDogs dugout. "Good luck to you, Alex," said Charleston resident Blanche Lloyd after getting a signed baseball. There were 8,255 who turned out at Riley Park, less than 200 from the record attendance of 8,426 set on opening night 2007. Rodriguez and Nunez were in Charleston with Pat Roessler, the Yankees director of player development based in Tampa. A-Rod hopes he can start having a positive impact on the Yankees after last years disappointing season and his benching during the AL championship series. "Ive got to tell you," Rodriguez said. "Im really, really excited. This probably has to be the hardest injury Ive tried to overcome. It has to be the longest." Cheap Ducks Jerseys . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Jean-Sebastien Giguere Jersey . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. http://www.authenticducksshopnhl.com/ .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. Andrew Cogliano Jersey . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Derek Grant Jersey . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Virginias players viewed a bye week as time to build on momentum, not to rest.The Cavaliers (2-3, 1-0 Atlantic Coast Conference), one of just two teams still unbeaten in league play in the Coastal Division, will look to extend their winning streak to three Saturday when they host Pittsburgh (4-2, 1-1).Were rolling right now, wide receiver David Eldridge said. Were looking pretty good.The Cavaliers ended a 17-game road losing streak in their last game, a 34-20 victory at Duke, and Panthers coach Pat Narduzzi expects first-year Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall and his staff will have used the bye week to also install some new wrinkles on both sides of the ball.That will be the next challenge, Narduzzi said. They have had two weeks to prepare and get a great game plan going. We are under, I guess for compared to them, we are a short week for us. So well be moving around pretty quick.Pittsburgh, with the return of 2014 ACC Player of the Year James Conner from a bout with cancer, is second in the conference in rushing, averaging 244 yards per game. Virginia is 11th against the run, allowing 162 yards, but has increasingly played better defense as its players have adapted to Mendenhalls 3-4 scheme.Cavaliers safety Quin Blanding is eager to see how the defense stacks up against Conner and Co.To be a great safety, youve got to know how to tackle in the alley, tackle in space, one-on-one tackles, and youve also got to know how to play the ball in the air as well, he said. And so I think this game is going to really prepare me for both. They do a lot of play-action as well, but they also love to run the ball, and theres going to be a lot of times Im one-on-one with the fly guy, so Ive just got to show them my game.The Panthers won the last meeting, 26-19, last season at Pittsburgh.---Here are some other things to watch when Pittsburgh visits Virginia:ROLLING OUT: Virginia quarterback Kurt Benkert has thrown 13 touchdown passes, and some of his best throws have come after hes been flushed outt of the pocket.dddddddddddd With an 84-yard completion to Eldridge against Duke, he became the first quarterback in school history to have completions of 80 or more yards in consecutive games.HELPING HANDS: Conners return has given the Panthers an emotional boost, but Narduzzi hasnt asked him to be the workhorse he was before his illness. The Panthers will continue to use a rotation that includes Chawntez Moss and 2015 ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year Quadree Ollison., hoping to keep all three of them fresh.HOME COOKING: The game marks the start of a three-game homestand for Virginia, with visits by North Carolina an Louisville to follow. Its going to feel good, nose tackle Donte Wilkins said. What we want to do is just go one at a time, go 1-0 every week. Thats our game-plan right now for the team. Just 1-0 every week.BIG MAN IN THE MIDDLE: Shakir Sotos move from defensive end to defensive tackle has given Pitts run defense a significant boost. The senior was at his best in last weeks victory against Georgia Tech, recording a career-high eight tackles, including a stuff on fourth-and-1 late in the fourth quarter of Pitts 37-34 victory. The Panthers are 10th nationally, and second in the ACC, against the run, giving up 98.3 yards per game. Virginia is last in rushing in the ACC, averaging less than 120 yards, but fifth in passing at 291.4 yards per game.ROAD WORRIERS?: The road hasnt been kind to the Panthers so far this year. Pitt lost by a touchdown at Oklahoma State and on the final snap at North Carolina in consecutive weeks after blowing a fourth-quarter lead. The Panthers havent scored a touchdown on the road in the fourth quarter this season, getting outscored 21-3.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr---AP sports Writer Will Graves contributed from Pittsburgh Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '
Pervez Joarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: cash advance oceanside Reply with quote

Thanks a lot a great spare marvelous share. When also can 1 purchase which kind from awareness established through this recommended solution. I just nowadays at this moment have also been the fact is very happy as I referred to who fantastic internet site. I just nowadays at this moment was basically had to tanks through this specified awesome the word from help and advice! Thanks a lot very much even on a further fantastic piece of writing. Everywhere besides May likely one single discover definitely will variety of know-how willing every day terrific methods. By now follow this cash advance oceanside Cheers in support of conveying.
Post new topic    Reply to topic    gothicivories.courtauld.ac.uk Forum Index -> Exhibitions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: