A & A spacer courtauld institute of art
login
quick search advanced search browse temp folder
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 

Post new topic    Reply to topic    gothicivories.courtauld.ac.uk Forum Index -> Exhibitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riluowanying123 riluowanying123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: ts continued to come in from the Briton, but Yo Reply with quote

A recently changed Big Ten tiebreaker could come into play in the East Division race, though it likely would affect only the timeline of naming a champion.?There was some brief consternation last season, when it appeared possible that Ohio State, Michigan State?and Michigan?could finish in a three-way tie for first place in the East with one loss and no head-to-head tiebreakers available.In that scenario, the division champion would have been decided by the fifth tiebreaker -- the highest-rated team in the College Football Playoff rankings. Theres just one problem for this season: The final regular-season CFP rankings dont come out until Nov. 29, meaning the teams wouldnt know who is heading to Indianapolis until four days before the conference title game.The Big Ten recognized this problem, and according to a spokesman, the leagues administrators council changed the procedures during its regularly scheduled meeting last month.?Now, the fifth tiebreaker will be best overall winning percentage.The CFP ranking was removed as one of the tiebreakers due to the timing of when the rankings are released and the potential competitive and logistical impact the timing could have on the Big Ten championship game, league spokesman Adam Augustine told ESPN in an email Sunday night.The ACC went through a similar rule change, eliminating the playoff rankings as one of its tiebreakers and instead turning to rankings from a private analytics firm.The Big Tens new rule will eliminate a potential timing headache but is unlikely to change who would make?it to the title game in the event of a three-way East Division tie between Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State this season. The Nittany Lions 24-21 upset of the Buckeyes on Saturday night left both teams at 3-1 in the conference. Penn States only loss is to Michigan, which is 4-0 in league play. If Penn State wins out, Michigan loses only to Ohio State, and the Buckeyes win out, all three teams would finish 8-1 with their losses among themselves.Therefore, the Big Tens first four tiebreakers wouldnt apply.They are:1. Records vs. one another (all three would be 1-1)2. Intradivision records3. Records vs. next-highest-placed teams in the division, in order of finish (fourth place through seventh)4. Records vs. all common conference opponentsSo a three-way tie then would go to overall winning percentage, which would eliminate Penn State because it lost to Pittsburgh and would have two overall losses, compared to one for Ohio State and Michigan. It then would come down to the head-to-head record between the Buckeyes and Wolverines, which would send Ohio State to Indianapolis.Thats not a different outcome, however, than what using the CFP rankings likely would create.Penn State likely would be ranked well below Ohio State and Michigan. And if Ohio State beat Michigan in the final game of the regular season, that most likely would convince the committee to rank the Buckeyes ahead of the Wolverines in the ensuing CFP poll.What would have happened if Penn State hadnt lost to Pitt? Or what if?a scenario arises in the future in which there is a similar three-way tie but each team has the same overall winning percentage?Under the new rules, the sixth tiebreaker is: The representative will be chosen by random draw.Thats right. A division champ and potential playoff contender could be decided by the league drawing names out of a hat.? Puma Womens Shoes Black . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Puma Womens Shoes Orange . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. http://www.cheappumawomensshoes.com/ . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. Puma Womens Shoes Sale .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Puma Womens Shoes Rose .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Joe Joyce believes he did enough to win boxing gold after losing his super-heavyweight final to Tony Yoka at Riocentro.The 30-year-old fell short in his bid to become Great Britains 28th and final gold medallist of the Rio Olympics, with the?ringside judges favouring the Frenchman by split decision.The judges verdict was greeted by a number of boos from the crowd.?I thought that gold was mine, Joyce told the BBC afterwards. So Ill just have to watch it back and see where I went wrong, if I went wrong.Yokas greater accuracy found the favour of the judges, leaving Joyce with little hope in the last round but to press for an unlikely knockout.Joyce had been seeking to emulate his former team-mate Anthony Joshua, the London 2012 champion who was watching at ringside.Lee [Team GB coach Lee Pullen] let me know in my corner I was down. I thought, Oh my god, added Joyce. I was landing shots on him all that last round, peppering him with shots, going through his guard. Just the odd shot from him. He nicked it.I gave it my all. I got the training right leading up. Im just disappointed. A silver medal isnt that bad, but I wanted the gold. I expected the gold. It just wasnt to be.Joshua, working in a punditry role for the BBC in Rio, also felt Joyce did enough to take the gold medal.Ive never seen a lightweight, let alone a heavyweight, throw so many punches in a fight before, he?said.Joe was aggressive, making the fight. The power he possesses, theres no way you can block those shots.dddddddddddd. It was gloves penetrating body. For me, hes Olympic champion. Everyone here was cheering him on. In spirit hes Olympic champion.?Im proud of what hes achieved. Hes a credit to the sport in and out of the ring.Joyces style had been derided by Yoka in the build-up to the final, with the Frenchman describing him as a robot and questioning his punching power.The pair had unfinished business after a controversial World Championship semifinal in Doha last year, when Yoka was given the verdict and went on to win the title.Joyce was the aggressor in the opener, landing first with a nice right hand, and pushing forward looking to squeeze shots through his opponents tight guard.The heavier shots continued to come in from the Briton, but Yoka enjoyed persistent success behind his left jab, which was enough to shade it on two of the three judges cards.Joyce continued his relentless push forward in the second, with Yoka a little looser and relying more on snaking counter-shots, again catching the judges eyes.It effectively meant Joyce needed a knockout to win the last, and despite his best efforts Yoka survived to take the victory on two of the three judges cards.Information from the Press Association was used in this report. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic    Reply to topic    gothicivories.courtauld.ac.uk Forum Index -> Exhibitions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: